Rosemary Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus Recipe
- 1/2 pound fingerling potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the potatoes, 2 tablespoons oil, rosemary and garlic; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast at 400° for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- 2. Drizzle asparagus with remaining oil; add to the pan. Roast 15-20 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 175 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.