Rosemary Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus
Showcase asparagus when you dress it in fresh rosemary and red potatoes for an earthy counterpoint to the fresh, green spears. Add minced garlic and you get a gorgeous, flavorful side dish. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 pound fingerling potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the potatoes, 2 tablespoons oil, rosemary
- and garlic; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pan. Roast at 400° for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Drizzle asparagus with remaining oil; add to the pan. Roast 15-20
- minutes longer or until vegetables are tender, stirring
- occasionally. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 175 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1/2 starch.