Rosemary Roasted Lamb
Who knew so few ingredients could result in such an elegant and savory entree? One bite will make this no-fuss main dish memorable.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 2 hours 5 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 leg of lamb (7 to 9 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic,
- salt and rosemary; rub over lamb. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place lamb, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 1-3/4 to
- 2-1/4 hours longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°;
- well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with pan juices. Let
- stand 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces cooked lamb equals 357 calories, 21 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 629 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 40 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.