Rosemary-Roasted Chicken & Potatoes Recipe
Recipe provided by Philadelphia® Cream Cheese
TOTAL TIME: Prep Time: 20 min Total Time: 1 hr 45 min YIELD:6 servings
- 6 ounces (3/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 whole roasting chicken (3-1/2 lb.)
- 6 tablespooon KRAFT® Zesty Italian Dressing, divided
- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 5), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 slices Oscar Mayer® Bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1. HEAT oven to 375°F.
- 2. MIX cream cheese, 1 tsp. rosemary and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Starting at neck of chicken, use handle of wooden spoon or fingers to carefully separate skin from meat of the breast, thighs and legs of chicken, being careful to not tear the skin. Spoon cream cheese mixture under skin; use fingers to push and spread some of the mixture out to thighs and legs. Place chicken in shallow baking pan. Brush with 2 Tbsp. dressing.
- 3. TOSS potatoes with remaining dressing, rosemary and pepper in separate pan. Bake chicken and potatoes 1-1/4 hours or until chicken is done (165°F), stirring potatoes every 30 min.
- 4. TRANSFER chicken to large serving dish, reserving juices in pan. Let chicken stand 10 min. Meanwhile, add bacon and onions to potatoes; mix lightly. Spoon around chicken in dish. Skim fat from reserved chicken juices in pan; discard. Spoon juices over chicken and potatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 530 calories, 31 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC