Baby carrots go over big when seasoned with the subtle taste of rosemary. I like to sprinkle raisins on top for a combination of sweet and savory. —Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
Featured In: 40 Ways to Love Roasted Veggies
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place carrots in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix oil, brown sugar, garlic and seasonings; add to carrots and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Roast 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Rosemary Roasted Baby Carrots in Country Woman October/November 2013, p33
Reviews forRosemary Roasted Baby Carrots
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2013
"I only used half the amount of carrots and I forgot to sprinkle with green onions. I baked 35 minutes and it was perfect for me. Nice combination of spices."