Rosemary Roasted Baby Carrots Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Place carrots in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix oil, brown sugar, garlic and seasonings; add to carrots and toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Roast 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 82 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Rosemary Roasted Baby Carrots
"I only used half the amount of carrots and I forgot to sprinkle with green onions. I baked 35 minutes and it was perfect for me. Nice combination of spices."