Rosemary Roasted Baby Carrots Recipe
Baby carrots go over big when seasoned with the subtle taste of rosemary. I like to sprinkle raisins on top for a combination of sweet and savory. —Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Place carrots in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix oil, brown sugar, garlic and seasonings; add to carrots and toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Roast 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 82 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC