This tender, full-flavored rice makes a lovely side for a wide variety of main dishes, says Suzanne McKinley of Lyons, Georgia. It's also an easy recipe to double for company or extra guests.
Featured In: 5-Ingredient Chicken Recipes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Rosemary Rice in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p42
Reviews for Rosemary Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2014
"Good one to prepare for dinner for"
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2014
"I made it without the added salt, and it was delicious."
Reviewed May. 27, 2014
"easy and delicious!"
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2013
"easy and tasty!"