- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup golden raisins
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the rosemary, lemon peel and extract. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in raisins.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Cookies may be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Originally published as Rosemary Raisin Cookies in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p9
Reviews for Rosemary Raisin Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2013
"These are wonderful cookies - light and delicious with subtle flavors of lemon and rosemary. The golden raisins add a touch of class"