- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup golden raisins
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the rosemary, lemon peel and extract. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in raisins.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Cookies may be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Reviews for Rosemary Raisin Cookies
Sort By :
"These are wonderful cookies - light and delicious with subtle flavors of lemon and rosemary. The golden raisins add a touch of class"
"no sugar amount is listed...I used 1 1/2 C white sugaror 3/4 C white and 3/4 light brown. My dad asked for the recipe after I brought im some"