Rosemary Raisin Bread Recipe
"On a whim," reports Clarice Schweitzer of Sun City, Arizona. "I decided to add rosemary to my raisin bread recipe. We were really happy with the result. The bread is very tasty toasted."
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add 1 cup flour, milk, oil, sugar, rosemary, salt, egg and egg white. Beat on low for about 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and continue beating for 2 minutes. Stir in the raisins and remaining flour.
- 2. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch down and shape into a flat 8-1/2-in. round. Place on a greased baking sheet; brush with oil. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. With a sharp knife, cut a cross in top of loaf. Combine egg yolk with water and brush over loaf. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 1 loaf (16 servings).
1 slice: 161 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Rosemary Raisin Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC