Rosemary Potato Rolls Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Sesame seeds or poppy seeds or dried rosemary, crushed
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in the order suggested by manufacturer. Select the dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2. Divide dough into 12 portions. Shape each into a 10-in. rope. Holding one end of rope, loosely form into a coil. Tuck end under; pinch to seal. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Brush tops with egg. Sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds or rosemary. Bake at 375° for 13-16 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 roll (calculated without sesame seeds or poppy seeds or rosemary) equals 147 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.