Rosemary Pork Roast with Vegetables Recipe
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine garlic, rosemary, marjoram and pepper; set aside 1 tablespoon. Rub remaining mixture over roast; place in a shallow roasting pan. Combine potatoes, carrots and oil in a large resealable plastic bag; add reserved spice mixture and toss to coat. Arrange vegetables around roast. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 1 hour longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 283 calories, 12 g fat (0 saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Rosemary Pork Roast with Vegetables
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.