Rosemary Pork Roast with Vegetables Recipe
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 8 small red new potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine garlic, rosemary, marjoram and pepper; set aside 1 tablespoon. Rub remaining mixture over roast; place in a shallow roasting pan. Combine potatoes, carrots and oil in a large resealable plastic bag; add reserved spice mixture and toss to coat. Arrange vegetables around roast. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 1 hour longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch; also, 283 calories, 92 mg sodium, 84 mg cholesterol, 12 gm carbohydrate, 31 gm protein, 12 gm fat.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.