Rosemary Pork Roast with Vegetables
I found this recipe in a friend's recipe book years ago. Since then, my family has requested it too many times to count! Sometimes I add frozen green beans for additional color.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless Pork Loin roast (2-1/2 pounds), trimmed
Tender pork loin will be the star of your holiday table.
Learn More >
- 8 small red new potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, rosemary, marjoram and pepper; set
- aside 1 tablespoon. Rub remaining mixture over roast; place in a
- shallow roasting pan. Combine potatoes, carrots and oil in a large
- resealable plastic bag; add reserved spice mixture and toss to coat.
- Arrange vegetables around roast. Cover and bake at 325° for 1
- hour. Uncover and bake 1 hour longer or until a meat thermometer
- reads 160°-170°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch; also, 283 calories, 92 mg sodium, 84 mg cholesterol, 12 gm carbohydrate, 31 gm protein, 12 gm fat.