Rosemary Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 cup thinly sliced / chopped green onions
- 4-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided>
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a large bowl, combine the onions, 1/2 cup broth, vinegar, oil, garlic, rosemary and pepper. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the pork; seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for 4-8 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from pork. Place with fat side up in an ungreased shallow roasting pan.
- In a large bowl, combine reserved marinade with remaining broth; pour over roast. Sprinkle with salt if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, skim fat from pan juices. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Rosemary Pork Roast
Sort By :
This is a standby in our household. Leftovers make wonderful sandwiches!
I've been making this for years. It is great and is the most flavorful pork roast that I have ever made!
This pork roast is absolutely wonderful! The flavor is amazing. I did find that it's easy to overcook this, so pay attention to that meat thermometer. I've made this for Christmas dinner for the past several years, and everyone always enjoys it.
We made this rosemary pork roast for a family gathering and it was an amazing hit. People couldn't get over the flavour! It was worth every bite.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >