Bring a taste of Italy to dinner by dressing up polenta. Using the purchased kind gets this dish to the table pronto. —Casandra Rittenhouse, North Hollywood, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup water
- Butter, minced fresh parsley and coarsely ground pepper, optional
- Prepare polenta according to package directions for soft polenta,
- stirring in cheese, rosemary and enough water to achieve desired
- consistency. Top with butter, parsley and pepper if desired. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 132 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 534 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.