Rosemary Plum Pork Roast
This roast is delicious...and slices of it make such a pretty presentation.Laurel Leslie, Sonora, California
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 16 pitted dried plums
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 bunches fresh rosemary, divided
- 1 center-cut boneless Pork Loin roast (about 2 pounds)
Tender pork loin will be the star of your holiday table.
Learn More >
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- Place plums in a bowl; add boiling water. Let stand for 15 minutes;
- drain well. Mince enough rosemary to measure 1 tablespoon; stir into
- plums. Cut a slit along top of roast 2 in. deep, leaving 1 in. at
- each end uncut. Sprinkle inside of cut with 1/4 teaspoon salt and
- pepper. Fill with plum mixture. Cover top with overlapping rosemary
- Tie roast at 1 in. intervals with kitchen string. Sprinkle with the
- remaining salt and pepper. Place several rosemary sprigs in a
- shallow roasting pan. Top with roast. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let
- stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 249 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.