Rosemary Plum Pork Roast Recipe
- 16 pitted dried plums
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 bunches fresh rosemary, divided
- 1 center-cut boneless pork loin roast (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 1. Place plums in a bowl; add boiling water. Let stand for 15 minutes; drain well. Mince enough rosemary to measure 1 tablespoon; stir into plums. Cut a slit along top of roast 2 in. deep, leaving 1 in. at each end uncut. Sprinkle inside of cut with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Fill with plum mixture. Cover top with overlapping rosemary sprigs.
- 2. Tie roast at 1 in. intervals with kitchen string. Sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. Place several rosemary sprigs in a shallow roasting pan. Top with roast. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 249 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.