Rosemary Peas 'N' Squash
The beauty of this recipe is that I can substitute any vegetables and still have a terrific side dish. I grow fresh rosemary and use it to season whatever garden bounty I harvest. Since zucchini is abundant almost every year, this recipe puts that to good use.—Emily R Chaney, Blue Hill, Maine
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium yellow summer or pattypan squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 pound fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut squash into 1-in. chunks. In a large skillet, melt butter. Saute
- squash, peas and rosemary for 5 minutes or until vegetables are
- crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1serving (calculated without salt and pepper) equals 55 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.