Rosemary-Parmesan Snack Mix Recipe
Balsamic vinegar, rosemary, basil and Parmesan cheese lend an Italian taste to this easy-to-make snack mix. Folks won't be able to stop eating it!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups pretzel snaps or miniature pretzels
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups unblanched almonds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, cereal and almonds. Combine the oil, vinegar, rosemary, garlic powder, basil and pepper sauce; pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat.
- 2. Spread into two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 300° for 15 minutes.
- 3. Sprinkle with cheese and stir. Bake 15 minutes longer. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
3/4 cup equals 253 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 473 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC