Rosemary-Parmesan Biscotti Recipe
With its flaky texture and heavenly rosemary and Parmesan flavor, this savory biscotti from our Test Kitchen is delicious served alongside a bowl of soup or a salad. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2-1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flours, rosemary, baking powder, salt, pepper and 2 cups cheese. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk eggs and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- 2. Divide dough into four portions. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 2-in. rectangle. Sprinkle each portion with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Place pans on wire racks. When cool enough to handle, transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- 4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 biscotti: 87 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Rosemary-Parmesan Biscotti
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC