Rosemary Orange Bread Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3-3/4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg white
- Additional fresh rosemary and whole peppercorns, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add orange juice, honey, oil, rosemary, salt, orange peel and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Roll into a 15x1-in. rectangle. Starting at the short end, roll up jelly-roll style. Pinch edges to seal and shape into an oval. Place with seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Whisk egg white; brush over loaf. Place small sprigs of rosemary and peppercorns on top if desired. Bake 25 minutes longer or until browned. Remove from pan to wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 130 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Rosemary Orange Bread
"Wonderful bread! Very light taste of both orange and rosemary. The orange came from our orange tree and the rosemary from our herb garden."