Rosemary-Onion Green Beans
From Jackson, Mississippi, Lucy Banks writes, "I came across this recipe in a cookbook from France. Every time I serve it, people want to know what gives the green beans their unique flavor. It's the rosemary, of course!"
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions and rosemary in butter for
- 3-5 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add the beans, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and cook for 7-9 minutes or just until beans are tender.
- Discard rosemary. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 70 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.