Rosemary-Onion Green Beans Recipe
From Jackson, Mississippi, Lucy Banks writes, "I came across this recipe in a cookbook from France. Every time I serve it, people want to know what gives the green beans their unique flavor. It's the rosemary, of course!"
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions and rosemary in butter for 3-5 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add the beans, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 7-9 minutes or just until beans are tender. Discard rosemary. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rosemary-Onion Green Beans in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p47
Reviews for Rosemary-Onion Green Beans(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Green Bean Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >