Rosemary-Mustard Sausage Patties
“I once made these rosemary-seasoned sausage patties for Christmas breakfast, and they’re now a favorite throughout the year. The pork mixture can be combined a day ahead and chilled until it’s time to bake.” —Deborah Harris, Colorado Springs, Colorado
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add rosemary;
- cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in mustard and
- pepper. Crumble sausage over mixture; mix well. Shape mixture by 1/4
- cupfuls into thin patties.
- Place in ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at
- 375° for 12-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain if
- necessary on paper towels. Yield: 16 sausage patties.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sausage patty equals 134 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.