This recipe comes from an herb farm where I worked for 30 years. Although it starts with canned mushroom soup, it tastes rich and from scratch when it's done.—Sandra Burrows, Coventry, Connecticut
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the mushroom soup, cream, rosemary and paprika; heat through but do not boil. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Rosemary Mushroom Soup in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p41
Reviews for Rosemary Mushroom Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review