Rosemary Mushroom Chicken Recipe
- 6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- 1. Place chicken in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray; top with mushrooms. Combine the soup, wine, garlic salt, rosemary, paprika and pepper; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
1 leg quarter with 3/4 cup sauce (calculated without noodles) equals 294 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,107 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.