- 6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Place chicken in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray; top with mushrooms. Combine the soup, wine, garlic salt, rosemary, paprika and pepper; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Rosemary Mushroom Chicken
Sort By :
"Soooooo good!! It's just my husband and me so I used 5 large drumsticks and halved the rest of the ingredients. After the chicken was cooked, I removed it from the crock pot and thickened the juices with corn starch. I served everything over spaetzle noodles. Not sure how long it cooked, I just watched it and took it out when it was done. This is definitely a keeper."
"Good, although the chicken seemed over-cooked after 7 hours. Very strong rosemary flavor."
"Good - but not great. Not sure what it needed?"
"For a busy night meal this is great. I do not normally like thigh meat but this was tasty."
"I was excited about this because the reviews were good but, it was awful. The smell was horrible.The only thing good about it was the chicken was super tender.*I omitted the rosemary and used real wine (not cooking wine) so maybe that's why I didn't have good luck but, I don't think so."