A delicate hint of rosemary lightly seasons the rich, creamy mushroom gravy in this savory dish. Cooking the chicken and gravy together cuts so much time during the dinner rush. Add noodles or rice for a complete supper. —Genny Monchamp, Redding, California
- 6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Place chicken in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray; top with mushrooms. Combine the soup, wine, garlic salt, rosemary, paprika and pepper; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Rosemary Mushroom Chicken in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p63
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Rosemary Mushroom Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review