Rosemary Mashed Potatoes Recipe
"In these special-occasion mashed potatoes, I use whipping cream instead of milk. I must admit that I was a little shocked when a good friend suggested this, but have to agree that it certainly makes ordinary mashed potatoes taste exceptional."
- 8 large potatoes (about 4 pounds), peeled and quartered
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add 1 teaspoon salt. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add the cream, butter, rosemary, nutmeg, pepper and remaining salt; beat until smooth. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2012
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2010
"I have made these many times and everyone who has tasted them always asks for the recipe! They are great!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC