"In these special-occasion mashed potatoes, I use whipping cream instead of milk. I must admit that I was a little shocked when a good friend suggested this, but have to agree that it certainly makes ordinary mashed potatoes taste exceptional."
Recommended: 43 Amazing Ways to Love Sweet Potatoes
- 8 large potatoes (about 4 pounds), peeled and quartered
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add 1 teaspoon salt. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add the cream, butter, rosemary, nutmeg, pepper and remaining salt; beat until smooth. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Rosemary Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home February/March 2008, p35
Reviews for Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2012
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2010
"I have made these many times and everyone who has tasted them always asks for the recipe! They are great!"