Rosemary Lime Chicken
I experimented with herbs and seasonings quite a bit before creating the final version of this entree. The tartness of the lime juice really complements the rosemary. Everyone loves it.—Nicole Harris, Mt. Union, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large skillet, brown
- chicken in oil over medium-high heat. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cook, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 244 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 0.55 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.