- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Rosemary Lime Chicken
Sort By :
I've been making this recipe for several years as a main course. Just recently, I've been using it to cook up my chicken breasts, then use the chicken throughout the week in salads or whatnot. This will be a staple in my house forever.
EXCELLENT. EXCELLENT. EXCELLENT. I have made this often since it was first published in the May/June 2004 issue of ?Quick Cooking?. My other half loves chicken and this recipe is his all time favorite. I have given this recipe to many other people because he talks about it all the time. He tells everyone that it is the rosemary that makes the difference. For a man to do that, you have to know this is excellent. TIP: When a recipe calls for crushed spices rather than using the back of a spoon or mortar and piston, I use a small coffee bean grinder. This releases more of the flavor than the traditional methods. After using the grinder, I just wipe it out with a damp cloth. Easy clean up.
Minus the rosemary
I use this recipe often. I prefer to use chicken broth over the wine. It's so fast and easy and surprisingly flavorful. This recipe introduced me to rosemary.
I made this for dinner last night and it was delicious!! Very easy, too.
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >