Rosemary-Lemon Scones Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk sour cream and egg; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in lemon peel and rosemary. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- 2. Pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
1 scone equals 263 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 395 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Rosemary-Lemon Scones
"These were excellent! I used dried rosemary because I had used too much from my fresh plant recently. It still had good flavor."