Rosemary Lemon Muffins
These mouthwatering muffins are nicely spiced with rosemary and a hint of lemon. "My husband and I especially enjoy them with a home-cooked meal."151;Felicia Fiocchi, Vineland, New Jersey.
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a saucepan, combine the milk, rosemary and lemon peel. Bring to a
- simmer; cook and stir over low heat for 2 minutes. Remove from the
- heat; cool slightly. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder
- and salt; set aside. In another bowl, whisk the eggs until foamy.
- Stir in butter, sugar and milk mixture until combined. Stir into
- the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or
- paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-22
- minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes
- before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 177 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.