A cooking show inspired me to create this lemony chicken. Ask your butcher to remove the bones from chicken thighs but leave the skin intact. —Jennifer Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
Recommended: 40 Tasty Chicken Thigh Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 boneless, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and rosemary over medium heat until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels; reserve drippings in pan.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt; brown in drippings on both sides. Cook, covered, skin side down, over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove from pan; keep warm. Pour off drippings from pan.
- Add broth and lemon juice to same skillet. Bring to a boil, scraping to loosen browned bits from pan; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rosemary-Lemon Chicken Thighs in Simple & Delicious February/March 2016
Reviews forRosemary-Lemon Chicken Thighs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 3, 2017
"Just made this for guests - first time trying to - everyone loved it. Definitely a keeper !"
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2016
"Excellent and not bad on the calories for chicken thighs"