A cooking show inspired me to create this lemony chicken. Ask your butcher to remove the bones from chicken thighs but leave the skin intact. —Jennifer Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
Recommended: Our Favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- 2 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 boneless, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and rosemary over medium heat until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels; reserve drippings in pan.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt; brown in drippings on both sides. Cook, covered, skin side down, over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove from pan; keep warm. Pour off drippings from pan.
- Add broth and lemon juice to same skillet. Bring to a boil, scraping to loosen browned bits from pan; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rosemary-Lemon Chicken Thighs in Simple & Delicious February/March 2016
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Rosemary-Lemon Chicken Thighs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review