Rosemary Lamb Chops
While the lamb chops from Beth Tomlinson of Morgantown, West Virginia do make for an upscale meal, they are really fast and easy. “I tend to make them for special occasions, although they are quick enough for a nice weeknight dinner,” Beth explains. The chops are perfectly seasoned with rosemary and thyme and have a fabulous presentation sure to impress guests.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 lamb loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- Combine the rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour oil over both
- sides of chops; rub with herb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook chops over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on
- each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a
- thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done,
- 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 161 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.