Rosemary Jelly Recipe
Colored right for yuletide gift-giving, this deliciously different green jelly from Margaret Dumire gets its flavor from an unusual source - savory rosemary. The herb adds a refreshing zip to the otherwise sweet spread, notes the Carroll, Ohio subscriber.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Process: 10 min. YIELD:56 servings
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine boiling water and rosemary; cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Strain, reserving liquid. If necessary, add water to measure 1-1/4 cups. Return liquid to pan; add sugar and vinegar. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Add pectin, stirring until mixture boils. Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- 2. Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Add food coloring if desired. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 3-1/2 pints.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 42 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC