Rosemary Jelly Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring
- In a large saucepan, combine boiling water and rosemary; cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Strain, reserving liquid. If necessary, add water to measure 1-1/4 cups. Return liquid to pan; add sugar and vinegar. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Add pectin, stirring until mixture boils. Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Add food coloring if desired. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 3-1/2 pints.
Reviews for Rosemary Jelly
Sort By :
"Although this jelly has a slight aroma of vinegar, it has a very nice flavor. I think the rosemary flavor needs to be a bit stronger, so I will make it again using 3 T minced rosemary instead of 2 T."
"I would say 3 half pints with the amount stated above."
"I'm confused about the yield of this recipe. Does it make three half pints or 3 1/2 pints (seven half pints)?"