Rosemary Honey Cookies
You'll be delighted with this unusual cookie's wonderful flavor.—Audrey Thibodeau, Gilbert, Arizona
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a bowl, cream shortening, butter and sugar. Beat in egg, honey and
- lemon juice. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at
- 325° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: about
- 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 130 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.