Rosemary Green Beans Recipe
"Before my physician husband retired, he was rarely home for dinner, but now I do lots of cooking for the two of us," says Lucy Banks from Jackson, Mississippi. "Rosemary gives this dish its distinctive flavor."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1. In a saucepan, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. stir in the water, rosemary, salt and pepper. bring to a boil. Add beans and return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-10 minutes or until the beans are tender. Drain; top with the remaining butter. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 152 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 556 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC