Rosemary-Garlic Roast Beef Recipe
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef tri-tip roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium sweet yellow peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1. Combine the garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper; set aside 4 teaspoons. Rub the remaining mixture over roast; place in a greased shallow roasting pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk reserved herb mixture with oil. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the potatoes, yellow peppers and onion; add oil mixture. Seal bag and toss to coat. Arrange vegetables around roast.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-60 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 4. Transfer roast and peppers to a warm serving platter. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, return potatoes and onion to the oven; bake 10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
5 ounces cooked beef with about 1 cup vegetables equals 352 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 467 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.