Rosemary-Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Yum! You’ll never want plain mashed potatoes again after mixing in garlic, sour cream and rosemary. They don't even need gravy.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 4 pounds medium potatoes, quartered
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup whole milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- Place the potatoes, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan;
- cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for
- 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat butter and milk until butter is
- melted. Drain potato mixture; add the butter mixture, sour cream,
- dried rosemary, pepper and remaining salt. Beat until mashed.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Garnish with fresh rosemary. Yield: 10
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 281 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 441 mg sodium,