- 4 pounds medium potatoes, quartered
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup whole milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- Place the potatoes, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat butter and milk until butter is melted. Drain potato mixture; add the butter mixture, sour cream, dried rosemary, pepper and remaining salt. Beat until mashed. Transfer to a large bowl. Garnish with fresh rosemary. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Rosemary-Garlic Mashed Potatoes in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p43
Reviews for Rosemary-Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review