- 1 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface (dough will be sticky). Divide into two portions; place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Shape each portion into an 8-in. circle. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make 1/4-in. indentations in dough. Brush with oil; sprinkle with rosemary, garlic and salt.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (10 wedges each).
Originally published as Rosemary Garlic Focaccia in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p85
Reviews for Rosemary Garlic Focaccia
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review