Rosemary-Garlic Focaccia Bread Recipe
- 3/4 cup warm fat-free milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2-3/4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the milk, water, butter, egg, flour, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt and yeast in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch dough down. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Shape into an 11-in. circle; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make several 1/4-in. indentations in dough.
- 3. Brush with oil. Sprinkle with garlic, rosemary and remaining salt. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges. Yield: 1 loaf (12 wedges).
1 slice: 162 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Rosemary-Garlic Focaccia Bread
"We've made this bread multiple times and rarely have leftover to do anything with. I can make a meal of it!"
"i've made this recipe several times. i used sea salt and it was absolutely delicious."