Rosemary Citrus Sorbet
This pretty pink dessert bursts with the fresh flavors of grapefruit, lime and rosemary. Becky Baird of Salt Lake City, Utah sent in the recipe.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Freeze: 1-3/4 hours
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons packed fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup pink grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, water and rosemary to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; let stand for 2 minutes. Strain and discard
- rosemary. Stir in the grapefruit juice and lime juice.
- Pour into a shallow 1-qt. dish; cover and freeze for 45 minutes or
- until edges begin to firm. Stir and return to freezer. Repeat every
- 30 minutes or until slushy, about 1 hour. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 219 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.