Rosemary Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup white wine or 1/4 cup chicken broth and 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice and fresh rosemary, optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the wine or broth plus lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil, soy sauce, rosemary, garlic, sugar and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in remaining oil over medium-high heat for 15 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve over rice and garnish with rosemary if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 chicken breast half) equals 154 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Rosemary Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.