- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches on both sides. Place the beans, carrots and celery in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with chicken.
- Combine the salad dressing, rosemary, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Rosemary Chicken with White Beans
"I will make this again with a few changes. It was pretty spicy, and we like a lot of pepper. I will reduce it to 1/2 teaspoon. I wonder if the salt and pepper proportions got switched. Otherwise, this was a good recipe. Make sure your chicken breasts are 6 oz as called for in the recipe. Mine were larger, so I had to cook longer and they were dry. Overall, though, an easy and tasty recipe that I will make again."
"Excellent recipe. I used a little milk in the recipe for the sauce. It tasted great!"
"Very good and easy recipe. The carrots and rosemary combined had a sweetish/savory flavor that was very appealing."
"Very good and easy to make"
"I followed the recipe exactly. Waaaaaay too much rosemary! My family ate it but didnt like it. They are not picky eaters. I will not make this dish again."
"This was so good and so easy. I only used 2 chicken breasts and dried rosemary. Next time I will cut back on the rosemary and add an extra can of beans. Served it with buttered noodles and it was a real hit!!"
"I love this recipe ... I added a chopped onion and minced garlic ... which gave it even more flavor."
"I made this recipe with no changes. My family took one bite and wouldn't even finish it; and they aren't picky eaters."
"Great recipe....my husband liked it but not crazy about it....I thought it was absolutely scrumptious. Could have used a little more juice though....or it could have been my large slow cooker (only one I have)....but still very tasty.Thank you!"
"I marinated my chicken in italian dressing overnight and cooked it as directed in this recipe. The meat was tender and juicy and the flavor of this finished dish is perfectly balanced. Half way through the cooking process I ended up adding about 1/2 cup water. This recipe is a keeper!!"