Rosemary Chicken with White Beans Recipe
"With a full-time job and active 5-year-old, I’m known as the “Crock-Pot Queen” in my family," laughs Sharon Johannes in Ashley, Illinois. "I use my slow cookers at least twice a week…sometimes have two or three going at once with different dishes. I’ve made this recipe for years and, after making a few tweaks, it’s become a treasured favorite."
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches on both sides. Place the beans, carrots and celery in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with chicken.
- 2. Combine the salad dressing, rosemary, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 218 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 846 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC