- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches on both sides. Place the beans, carrots and celery in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with chicken.
- Combine the salad dressing, rosemary, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Rosemary Chicken with White Beans
"I will make this again with a few changes. It was pretty spicy, and we like a lot of pepper. I will reduce it to 1/2 teaspoon. I wonder if the salt and pepper proportions got switched. Otherwise, this was a good recipe. Make sure your chicken breasts are 6 oz as called for in the recipe. Mine were larger, so I had to cook longer and they were dry. Overall, though, an easy and tasty recipe that I will make again."
"Excellent recipe. I used a little milk in the recipe for the sauce. It tasted great!"
"Very good and easy recipe. The carrots and rosemary combined had a sweetish/savory flavor that was very appealing."
"Very good and easy to make"
"I followed the recipe exactly. Waaaaaay too much rosemary! My family ate it but didnt like it. They are not picky eaters. I will not make this dish again."