Rosemary Chicken with Spinach & Beans Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1. Drain tomatoes, reserving juice; coarsely chop tomatoes. Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Rub with rosemary, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add spinach and garlic; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Stir in beans, tomatoes and reserved juice; heat through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup sauce: 348 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 729mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 41g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 5 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Rosemary Chicken with Spinach & Beans
"This is just delicious. I used a lot more garlic, but that's the only change I made. Definitely a keeper. I have a question, though: Why is it, when I try to pin this recipe, does it only pin the photo? I always have to Google it because the pin won't work."
"Really liked this recipe. Since I have a family member that cannot have sodium, I did use canned tomatoes with no salt added and the same for white beans. I also substituted the half tsp of salt with a salt substitute. Good recipe and very versatile."
"Simple & delicious."
"Loved the rosemary flavor and the simplicity of the recipe! Have made this more than once already."
"Delicious, easy to prepare and very healthy! I did increase the amount of garlic."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.