Rosemary Chicken Dinner
The fragrant rosemary is this hearty meat-and-potatoes dish makes the whole house smell wonderful! All you need to round out the meal is green salad or vegetable. Christine Yost, Newark, New York
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 large potatoes, peeled
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Cut each potato into four wedges. Place chicken and potatoes in a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish or shallow roasting pan. Drizzle
- with oil. Combine salt, garlic powder and pepper; sprinkle over
- chicken and potatoes. Sprinkle rosemary over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes; drain. Bake 15-20
- minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and chicken juices run
- clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (12 ounces) equals 649 calories, 28 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 720 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 47 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.