The fragrant rosemary is this hearty meat-and-potatoes dish makes the whole house smell wonderful! All you need to round out the meal is green salad or vegetable. —Christine Yost, Newark, New York
Recommended: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
- 3 large potatoes, peeled
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Cut each potato into four wedges. Place chicken and potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish or shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with oil. Combine salt, garlic powder and pepper; sprinkle over chicken and potatoes. Sprinkle rosemary over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes; drain. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rosemary Chicken Dinner in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p56
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Rosemary Chicken Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review