Rosemary Cheese Patties
"We’re a family that loves snacks," explains Judy Armstrong of Prairieville, Louisiana, "and I combined some of our favorite ingredients in this fast, easy and delicious recipe. Great for entertaining, it can be prepared ahead of time and browned just before guests arrive. It’s quickly doubled for a crowd and extra special with marinara sauce."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Marinara sauce, warmed, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup
- bread crumbs, eggs, rosemary, garlic and cayenne until blended.
- Place the remaining crumbs in a shallow bowl. Shape heaping
- tablespoonfuls of cheese mixture into 1-1/2-in. balls; flatten to
- 1/2 in. thickness. Coat with bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, brown patties in oil in batches over medium heat
- until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with marinara
- sauce if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 157 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.