Rosemary Cheese Patties Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Marinara sauce, warmed, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, eggs, rosemary, garlic and cayenne until blended.
- 2. Place the remaining crumbs in a shallow bowl. Shape heaping tablespoonfuls of cheese mixture into 1-1/2-in. balls; flatten to 1/2 in. thickness. Coat with bread crumbs.
- 3. In a large skillet, brown patties in oil in batches over medium heat until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with marinara sauce if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 157 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.