Rosemary Cheddar Muffins
My 96-year-old stepmother gave me this recipe many years ago. We have enjoyed these luscious biscuitlike muffins ever since. You might not even need butter!—Bonnie Stallings, Martinsburg, West Virginia
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine flour, cheese and
- rosemary. In another bowl, combine milk and mayonnaise; stir into
- dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon into 12 greased muffin
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and toothpick inserted in
- muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a
- wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 121 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.